How to Reduce Sugar Cravings Around Your PeriodApr 27, 2022
As women, we must cope with monthly menstrual cycles. Not only can periods cause us to feel self-conscious and uncomfortable, but they can also cause us to reach for the sweet stuff. Instead of beating ourselves up every month for being weak and giving into temptation, what if we looked at the science of what’s actually happening? Maybe then we can understand what our bodies are trying to tell us and if we actually listen (rather than fighting these signals), we can feel more in control of what’s going on.
Today I want to delve into the science a little bit so you can get a better understanding of why sugar cravings are worse around your period and how you can manage this. In this episode, I share simple, actionable tips that you can start trying straight away to help reduce these cravings.
“Diet culture has told you not to listen to your body and diet culture has told you that you are bad for wanting to eat sweet things.”
- Lauren Gayfer
In This Episode:
- Understand the hormonal changes that are going on during your cycle.
- Discover why diet culture has caused us to blame ourselves for our cravings.
- Learn what causes cravings at certain times of the month.
- Understand the power of patience and consistency when looking after your wellbeing.
- Find out simple nutritional swaps that can help reduce sugar cravings.
- Listen to my lifestyle tips that you can start implementing today.
Connect with Lauren:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nourished.lauren/?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.laurengayfer.com/nourished.lauren
- You are Nourished Podcast episode 12 – Are You Scared of Carbs?: https://youarenourished.com/episode12
Save your spot on my brand new Food Freedom Bootcamp starting on 9th May: www.youarenourished.com/bootcamp