How to Break Obsessive Thoughts About FoodApr 20, 2022
Does food consume your daily thoughts? Do you spend all day thinking what your next meal will be and go to bed dreaming of what you’ll be having for breakfast? Perhaps seeing a chocolate bar at the checkout sets off an exhausting dialogue of ‘want it, not allowed it, must resist it, oh screw it’? It’s so tiring isn’t it? This obsession over food can lead us to feeling totally out of control… but the good news is that you have the power to change this.
Today I want to talk about mindset and how you can start to change how you think and feel around food. In this episode, I share some actionable steps that can help you to rewrite the narrative that keeps you stuck in the relentless cycle of obsessing about food.
“The major cause of food obsession is dieting and restriction.”
- Lauren Gayfer
In This Episode:
- Understand the difference between disordered eating and eating disorders.
- Find out how the Minnesota starvation experiment uncovered the many ways restricting food affects us.
- Discover the survival mechanisms your body employs when you restrict calories.
- Try out my solutions to start rejecting diet culture so that you can stop being stuck in an exhausting cycle of obsession and guilt.
- Learn how to tune into your thoughts to change the narrative in your head.
- Discover how to empower yourself to have more control over food instead of food controlling you.
Connect with Lauren:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nourished.lauren/?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.laurengayfer.com/nourished.lauren
- You are Nourished Podcast episode 1 – 3 Tips to Help You Reject Diet Culture and Start Your Diet-Free Life: https://youarenourished.com/episode1
- You are Nourished Podcast episode 2 – Why Can't I Stick to My Diet?: https://youarenourished.com/episode2
- You are Nourished Podcast episode 3 – The Proven Method to Stop Dieting For Good: https://youarenourished.com/episode3
- Get your name on the waitlist to join Nourished 365 where you can get my support to start your journey towards food freedom: www.laurengayfer.com/club