All the Diets I've Ever Been On: My Personal Journey with FoodJan 26, 2022
Up until now on the podcast, I’ve been talking about the anti-diet movement and culture but I haven’t shared a huge amount about myself. So I figured that this week, it might be time to give you a sneak peek into my relationship with food, health, and nutrition. Whether you are on and off different diets, or if you don’t identify as a dieter but still have quite a lot of rules and restrictions, you’ll want to tune in for this episode.
In this episode, I’m sharing all the different diets I’ve been on over the years, many of which were disguised as healthy lifestyles but still contributed to quite an unhealthy relationship with food. Hear a chronology of my own dieting journey and my experiences on various diets over the years and I’m also revealing the three winners of the podcast launch giveaway, so stay tuned!
“If you want to end the cycle of dieting, you’ve got to make peace with your body.”
- Lauren Gayfer
In This Episode:
- You could be caught up in diet culture without actually realising it. Here’s how you can tell…
- Hear what I have discovered in the last couple of years as I have delved and researched more into intuitive eating.
- There can be a risk when you know too much about food, here’s why…
- Find out why implementing intuitive eating in my life and not restricting myself has led me to feel much happier around food.
- I’m sharing some of the diets I’ve tried over the years and the problems I found with them.
- Find out how many of the diets I have tried caused me a lot of stress and anxiety.
Connect with Lauren:
- If you would like to learn more about how to ditch dieting, download my free guide “Break Up With Your Diet”