3 Underlying Reasons You Might Be Struggling to Lose WeightJun 08, 2022
We can eat healthily and exercise regularly, yet still find that we can’t lose weight. What’s important to realise is that weight loss is not as simple as calories in versus calories out. Our bodies carry out countless functions every day that are intricately linked, so it should be no surprise that there may be other things going on in the body that might prevent weight loss. Having the sole focus on weight loss can leave us feeling frustrated and demoralised as well as making conditions worse. If we take a more holistic view around improving our health, we can get to the root of any issues and treat the underlying condition.
Today is the first in a four-part series talking about what might be going on in your body to cause you to struggle to lose weight. In this episode, I explain three of the most common health conditions that can make it hard to shift weight and why concentrating on weight loss can make these conditions worse.
“When you are making changes to your diet and to your habits and behaviours, it's really important to start with health first.”
- Lauren Gayfer
In This Episode:
- Discover why there is no one size fits all when it comes to losing weight.
- Learn three of the most common underlying reasons for having difficulty in shifting weight.
- Find out how these three conditions are impacting your body.
- Realise that diets are a stress on the body making health conditions worse.
- Understand the importance of taking a holistic approach to health.
- Discover that focusing on changing habits and behaviours for health rather than weight loss will lead to more success.
Connect with Lauren:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nourished.lauren/?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.laurengayfer.com/nourished.lauren