Are You Scared of Carbs?Apr 06, 2022
In a previous podcast I’ve talked about the importance of including a good balance of proteins, carbohydrates and fats in our meals and snacks in order to balance our blood sugar and reduce cravings. The dieting industry, however, likes nothing better than to demonise food groups, and currently carbohydrates seem to be the group we are told we must stay away from. But if we avoid them at all costs, this actually only makes them more tempting which can lead to feeling out of control when we do allow ourselves a taste.
Today I want to talk about the different type of carbohydrates that are out there, and help you understand the vital role carbohydrates play in our bodies. In this episode, I dispel common myths you may have been led to believe and share my top tips on how to stop feeling frightened of carbs.
“The more we try and restrict these foods, the more we are going to crave them.”
- Lauren Gayfer
In This Episode:
- Learn about the diets that have made us fearful of eating carbohydrates.
- Understand the different types of carbohydrates that are out there.
- Appreciate the science of what carbohydrates do in the body.
- Common myths around carbohydrates are debunked.
- Discover my top tips on how to stop feeling frightened of carbohydrates.
- Learn how to feel in control around carbohydrates.
Connect with Lauren:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nourished.lauren/?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.laurengayfer.com/nourished.lauren