How do you lose weight if you’re not dieting?May 04, 2022
We have been brought up to believe that being smaller or skinnier means you are healthier. Diet culture has drilled into us that food is the enemy, and we must restrict our consumption of calories to avoid gaining weight. Our health is judged by the number on a scale, which tells us nothing about our health. How could it when no two bodies are the same? If two people followed exactly the same diet, they would still not get exactly the same results. We’re all individuals, and trying to put us all in one box just doesn’t make sense and is actually really detrimental to how we feel about ourselves.
Today I am talking about weight loss. I know losing weight can turn into a lifelong obsession for so many of us, and the idea of no longer dieting can lead us to panic that we’ll feel out of control. In this episode, I explain how dieting is actually making you gain weight and talk about how no longer fixating on a target weight can help you get to the right weight for you and help you learn to love your body.
“What I try and do is help people to trust themselves around food which in turn enables your body to trust you around food.”
- Lauren Gayfer
In This Episode:
- I explain what keeps you stuck on the dieting merry-go-round.
- Discover how my professional journey around weight loss has evolved over the years.
- Understand why you cannot judge and compare health based on size or a number on the scale.
- I talk about the history of BMI and explain why it is not a measure of health.
- Learn how I promote introducing healthy behaviours and moving the focus away from reaching a goal weight.
- I challenge common misconceptions that being smaller automatically means being healthier.
- Join me on my brand new Food Freedom Bootcamp where I cover topics like this and so much more. We start on 9th May, so make sure you sign up here: www.youarenourished.com/bootcamp
Connect with Lauren: