How to stop diet culture from ruining your holidayJul 06, 2022
Holidays should be a time for relaxation. Escaping the rigmarole of daily life and treating yourself to a much-needed break. For so many of us though, we can end up spending the whole time worrying about what we look like, what people will think of us, and what we should or shouldn’t eat.
What if you could go on holiday without the crash dieting beforehand? What if you could enjoy being somewhere new and trying new flavours that satisfy you? What if you could be present and soak up all the wonderful experiences you’ve been so looking forward to enjoying?
Today I want to help you stop wasting your hard-earned holidays worrying about things that are really not important. I talk about how it’s possible to have food freedom even on holiday. It’s not easy, and it does take time, but in this episode, I share my top tips on changes you can start implementing right away to help you shed the diet mentality and work towards healthier habits and behaviours.
“You are going to miss out on so many amazing opportunities in life if you spend them worrying about your body and about food the entire time.”
- Lauren Gayfer
In This Episode:
- Understand how crash dieting before a holiday adds to the stress you feel during a holiday.
- Reassess what’s important about holidays and understand how diet culture keeps you stuck in an unhealthy cycle.
- Learn different tools that will empower you to develop a new healthier mindset.
- Discover strategies that will help you to nourish your body rather than punish it.
- Find out how you can honour your hunger even when on holiday.
- Follow my simple tips to avoid going overboard at the breakfast buffet.
- To help have a stress-free summer, check out my Mega Summer Bundle which includes an incredible collection of 50 fresh and fruity recipes perfect for all occasions, and a gorgeous printable planner to help stay organised: https://youarenourished.com/summer-bundle
Connect with Lauren: