[2/4] Underlying “non-food” reasons for weight gain – StressJun 15, 2022
Stress is our body's way of reacting to feeling under pressure. We enter the fight or flight response where our bodies go into life-saving mode to make us stay and fight or run away to escape danger. Originally this would have been vital to help us survive being attacked, whereas these days, we’re in much less life-threatening situations! Unfortunately, our bodies can’t tell the difference between cheating death in the claws of a predator to dealing with a stressful email! If we’re not actually in physical danger, the processes going on inside our body to make us fight or flight can actually lead to weight gain and difficulties in losing weight.
Today is the second in a four-part series talking about what might be going on in your body to cause you to struggle to lose weight. In this episode, I explain how our stressful modern lifestyles are damaging our health, and I share my top 5 tips to help you lead a more stress-free life.
“So many health conditions can be traced back to stress.”
- Lauren Gayfer
In This Episode:
- Learn the impact stress has on the body.
- Understand that the body cannot differentiate between different types of stress.
- Discover what the stress hormone cortisol does to blood sugar levels and how this causes cravings.
- Understand the importance of dealing with the underlying issue of stress.
- Learn about my own struggle with stress and weight loss after having my first child.
- Find out my top 5 tips for reducing cortisol and managing stress better.
- Get instant access to my 7 Meals in an Hour workshop where you can learn how meal prep can take away stress at mealtimes: https://www.laurengayfer.com/7-meals
- Download my free recipe eBook with loads of lovely snack ideas that help keep your cravings under control: https://www.laurengayfer.com/healthy-snacks
- Discover loads of recipe inspiration with my bumper bundle of meal plans and recipes that will ensure you always have nourishing meals to hand: https://www.laurengayfer.com/recipe-bundle
Connect with Lauren:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nourished.lauren/?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.laurengayfer.com/nourished.lauren